lane

Default WA weather..was What is the proper tool/method

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
I ended up draping a string reinforced visqueen tarp over the interior,
which is supported in the center by the floor trusses of the second story

of
the house. The sub-floor is not installed. The tarp drains from the
center, and there are temporary crickets directing the water towards the
drain, which is 3" diameter drain pipe. It's worked pretty well so far,

but
anything that hits the roof ends up going down the drain, nothing comes

off
the sides because the tarp is, for lack of better description, a very flat
funnel, only about 20" taller on the edges than the center. In order to
prevent snow from tearing it down, I've had to get up on a ladder each day
(that it snowed) and reach in as far as I can with a broom and drag the

snow
off the outside edges. It's complicated by the rebar that's on 15"

centers
sticking up. the rebar, however, is the anchor point of the tarp, so it
serves a useful purpose in spite of being a PIA. Of all years to get

record
snow, naturally it had to be this one. We have about 19" on the ground
now, it's put down 4" since late last night. If we make it past today,
we're supposed to warm up. It's been interesting, Brian! What really
irritates me is last year we had no snow.

I appreciate your concern.

Harold

And where in WA state are you? Vancouver, Yelm, Seattle, Bellingham,
Spokane?