Posted to alt.home.repair
waynesho waynesho is offline

Default Above Garage Attic Storage

The Roof Trusses above my garage are 2x4 construction (home built 5 years
ago. The span is approaximately 25 feet and are on 24" Centers (multiple
V's in the truss, and it is an extremly high pitch, 10 feet plus height at
the center). Additionally as the home is in NY State the fire code
necessitated double layer 5/8" fire retardant drywall. I only want to
store lawn furniture (light weight aluminum and seat cushions), but to do
that I would want to lay down plywood, aproximately 8 feet wide better the
V's of the truss in the center where I would have the plywood floor.
Will this be safe?

Thank you in advance for any answers or sugesstions to make it usable
storage.