Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] daubman@gmail.com is offline

Default HV troubleshooting after Splitter failure

Greetings,

Hopefully somebody will be able to point me in the right direction.

It seems that after replacing the failed (shorting) HV Splitter/Focus
combo block something is still amiss in the set I'm repairing.

Are there any components (LXI PTV415) likely to have been damaged by
the shorting HV splitter (one of the HV outputs was arcing across the
block).

The TV now powers up and then quickly shuts down (X-Ray protection?)
which is making me suspect too-high HV, but I'm not sure of the cause.

When the shorting block was still in place, the TV was power-cycled 5
or 6 times for a few seconds each time (until the smoking, shorting
combo block was noticed).

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
~Aaron