Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Asked a commercial cabinet shop about their SawStop(s)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:35:28 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Joe Bemier" wrote in message
.. .

That's good info, Rob. I particularly note the fact that you will not
be buying one for personal use. Further reinforcing the opinion that
the technology is good in some applications, but should not be forced
on those who don't feel the need.

That would be trading down as Sawstop does not offer a sliding table.

For whatever reason, Leon - the point is he won't be buying one.

On a side note; I will be interested to know if your *fire rate*
exceeds that of historical accident rates. In other words will the
safety mechanism result in operators becoming more sloppy.

Operators should not become more sloppy just as gun owners did not become
more sloppy when the safety was added. A blade spinning at 100 mph and the
fact that a blade that is not spinning will still cut you should be enough
of a deterrent.

You are citing logic (and I agree with you) but, I'm interested to
know the reality. There are many *should nots* in this world but we
can never depend on that. Here's one- People *should not* operate a
motor vehicle while intoxicated.