Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bsa441@gmail.com is offline

Default Bar clamps - is MLCS any good? Other recommendations?

blueman wrote:
I am looking to buy a 4ft bar clamp for cutting sheets of plywood.

Anybody have any experience with the MLCS Boomer Red Bar Clamp?
- Is $36.95 a good price?
- Does it pay to buy the back-to-back model for $60 which is
essentially two back-to-back bar clamps, allowing you to clamp the
piece to the table?

Any other recommendations on reasonably priced quality bar clamps?

Thanks

1) Jorgensen

2) Bessey

I know, I know. Not so cheap. But the difference is that if you use a
tool a lot, the higher-quality tool pays for itself in ease of use,
longevity, and pleasure in ownership. I have a pile of little cheapo
clamps that I still use, and I bitch about them every time. I always
go through my Jorgensens first, then reach for the cheepies when I run
out of high quality clamps.

A while back I bought some Bessey K-Clamps. Very nice. I also have
some Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps. Also very nice.

Also: Jorgensen made in USA. Once your job is outsourced, how are you
going to buy any clamps, let alone high quality clamps?