Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Bar clamps - is MLCS any good? Other recommendations?

blueman wrote:
I am looking to buy a 4ft bar clamp for cutting sheets of plywood.

Anybody have any experience with the MLCS Boomer Red Bar Clamp?
- Is $36.95 a good price?
- Does it pay to buy the back-to-back model for $60 which is
essentially two back-to-back bar clamps, allowing you to clamp the
piece to the table?

I bought a pair - don't recall the brand - several years ago, used
them once, never used again...too much lateral flex.

Now I use a piece of 1/4" x 3" aluminum or a piece of plywood.
Neither flex.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...