Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Using the Sewer Vent for Cable or Cat5e Run?

On 15 Sep 2006 10:01:50 -0500, (Todd H.) wrote:

"Pat" writes:

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't use a "pre-N" or "N"
wireless network? They are getting faster and stronger all the time.

I just put a "G" repeater in my mother's garage because the signal she
gets from my brother's house was a little weak. Works really well.

Data rate and security are two reasons copper isn't dead.

Yes, and don't forget simplicity and reliability.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask be to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster