Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Crawl-space wiring

"nhurst" writes:

I've got an older house with old 2 conductor wiring in place that I'm
working on upgrading. The rooms next on the rewiring list have a
combination of overhead and underfloor supplied outlets and I'd like
them on the same breakers if possible, so I have some questions to put
to the group to add in to my consideration:

1) Should I run my under-house wiring in conduit or is just the plain
Romex good enough?

Depends on your local codes, but yeah, conduit is superior. In
Illinois here, for example everything's gotta go in conduit.

It would be handy to talk to a licensed electrician in your state
though for an authoritative response.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/