Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Asked a commercial cabinet shop about their SawStop(s)

Leon wrote:

I have only heard of 1 complaint/problem with the SawStop having a false
positive. SawStop corrected the problem and IIRC the person having the
problem was reported to have later had a positive trigger that saved him
from injury. Do a DAGS to locate the post in this group.
Other than that I have only heard and read praise about the machine from
ACTUAL users.

I think the machine itself is great. The saw appears well-made,
operates smoothly, generally a nice piece of equipment. The stopping
mechanism is impressive to watch (saw it at a wood show).

At the moment it's too expensive for me as a home user (half again as
much as a made-in-Canada General?), and I think the political
machinations are despicable.

Chris