Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Bar clamps - is MLCS any good? Other recommendations?

"blueman" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a 4ft bar clamp for cutting sheets of plywood.

Anybody have any experience with the MLCS Boomer Red Bar Clamp?
- Is $36.95 a good price?
- Does it pay to buy the back-to-back model for $60 which is
essentially two back-to-back bar clamps, allowing you to clamp the
piece to the table?

Any other recommendations on reasonably priced quality bar clamps?

Thanks

Speaking of clamps, what is the difference between "good" clamps and cheap
clamps? I have been using bar and c-clamps that I picked up at Big Lots for
about $5-$10 each (a lot of different sizes) and they have worked fine for
me.

Having never really used high qaulity clamps, what is a clamp that costs 5x
as much going to do for me?