Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rexx Magnus Rexx Magnus is offline

Default Gas in new build flats?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:40:02 GMT, Christian McArdle wrote:

Yes having a gas supply - so you could have central heating. This
geezer said they all had storage heaters.

I get the impression that the Ronan Point collapse, which led to
thousands of gas systems being stripped out of high rise blocks
throughout the country (either because of the 5psi requirement, or
due to resident's concerns), has led to an urban myth that gas
installations in flats are not allowed.

Of course, there might be a restriction that I haven't heard of,
but I doubt it.

Christian.

We had gas specified for a block of 3 storey flats, and it all went
through the building regs fine.