Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default Gas in new build flats?

Yes having a gas supply - so you could have central heating. This
geezer said they all had storage heaters.

I get the impression that the Ronan Point collapse, which led to thousands
of gas systems being stripped out of high rise blocks throughout the country
(either because of the 5psi requirement, or due to resident's concerns), has
led to an urban myth that gas installations in flats are not allowed.

Of course, there might be a restriction that I haven't heard of, but I doubt
it.

Christian.