Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Maloney Patrick Maloney is offline

Default Best way to get cologne smell off of painted shelf?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

"Patrick Maloney" wrote in message
. 165...
I just moved into a new apartment and the linen closet has this smell
in it
which smells like Old Spice or something. Looking closely at the
shelves, I can see a few spots that look like something was spilled
(these spots smell the strongest.

What can I use to clean this?

I see you got a lot of good suggestions. If they work, good. If they
do not work, put a couple of coats of Bulls Eye shellac on the shelves
and interior. That will seal in the odor and make it easy to clean.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

--
Remove both XX's from e-mail to reply.