Posted to rec.woodworking
Jesse R Strawbridge Jesse R Strawbridge is offline

Default Asked a commercial cabinet shop about their SawStop(s)

wrote:

In a shop where they are using uiniform materials in a repetitive
process that makes sense.
What happens the first time Harry Homeowner decides to chop up some
plastic or EEEK, aluminum?

Some of us do other thinghs beside fine cabinetry.

It also makes me wonder how many of these "saw accidents" were guys on
a metal framing job/trim job with "chopsaw" or just the guy you see on
a ladder with a skilsaw or cutting 2x4s on his knee. You see that if
you are around construction sites very much..

The SawStop would cut plastic just fine. I don't know about aluminum
but it will cut embedded nails and staples without triggering the stop
action. Since the SawStop is cabinet saw (a very good one from the
reviews), I don't see the point of the construction comments.

I know of woodworkers who have lost fingers to table saws because of a
moments distraction. The SawStop would have prevented those accidents.

And no, I don't work for SawStop or sell them. I'm one of those Harry
Homeowners.

Jess.S