Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Fearn Don Fearn is offline

Default Asked a commercial cabinet shop about their SawStop(s)

I think it was who stated:

What happens the first time Harry Homeowner decides to chop up some
plastic or EEEK, aluminum?

Uhhh . . . I suppose Harry puts the saw in "Bypass Mode" to
temporarily disable the brake and does his aluminum cutting, perhaps?
I don't think plastic cutting is an issue (I read the owner's manual
on the SawStop Web site). What is "EEEK"?

It also makes me wonder how many of these "saw accidents" were guys on
a metal framing job/trim job with "chopsaw" or just the guy you see on
a ladder with a skilsaw or cutting 2x4s on his knee. You see that if
you are around construction sites very much..

The SawStop doesn't have anything to do with either of those
situations, does it? Duh.

--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman