Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default 1 11/16"

I use imperial measurements all day every day. Not a 16th of 64th among
them. Might see a .0625 or a .03125. Most of the engineering professions
quit using common fractions many years ago in favor of decimal fractions.
Far more precise and much easier to work with. The only advantage the metric
system has over this is that the base units are easier to learn. For those
of us that have already learned it, there is no advantage.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't know what you are trying to say with the money reference.

CM, MM, Meter. Penny, dime, dollar, ten dollar, hundred . . . . you get
the ideal.

Easier to think in multiples of ten than 32nds and 64ths.