Posted to alt.home.repair
souperman@_______.com souperman@_______.com is offline

Default TV Sledgehammers

That's all for effect. It is supposed to make them look like big
tough men. The right way is to use a sawsall and cut the studs at the
same time, unless of course the studs are staying. Then a regular
hammer will suffice and is much easier to handle, or cut the sections
between studs with sawsall.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:36:37 GMT, Greg Guarino
wrote:

I see it all the time on the home improvement shows. It's practically
a ritual. First they discuss what they are going to do, then they
begin the "demo". How? By picking up a sledghammer and knocking out a
4" x 5" piece of sheetrock. Next thing you know, the space is empty.

I'm curious. Is sledgehammering sheetrock into bite-size pieces and
atomizing the rest into a giant cloud really the efficient way to go
about this?

It seems to me that there must be a way to take out larger pieces of
sheetrock rather than pulverizing it and then shoveling up the debris.
How do pros typically do it?

Greg Guarino