Posted to rec.woodworking
boorite boorite is offline

Default curved wall on kitchen island - can I use bead board?

wrote:
I am constructing a kitchen island that is the following shape:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92434605VdWBtr
I would like to use bead board on the curved sides (other than the
cabinets which line the straight side.) Can this be done? My designer
says that bead board cannot be put over a curved wall. We are using
wood skins to match the color of the cabinets (peppercorn). The walls
other than the cabinets on the flat side will be custom built. Can
bead board be stained to match the color of my cabinets (exactly)?

If the curve is a constant radius or is composed of several curves of
constant radius, then it would be simple to vacuum-form the beadboard,
I think, maybe.