Posted to rec.woodworking
boorite boorite is offline

Default MAILBOX PLATFORM

Steve B wrote:

Only one thing better than what you have there, and that is to line the
tinny box with plate steel so that when those wiseacres come by with their
baseball bats, they get a big surprise. I used to live in the country, and
lost a couple of mailboxes. Then I lined a new shiny one with 3/8" plate,
and I'd get about one new ding a year. I figured it was someone else
turning 16 and getting a driver's license. I never saw them do it, but
would have given a days pay to see that.

Man, that's gotta hurt.

About 10 years ago in rural Ohio, I put in one of those Rubbermaid
ones. You could whale on it with a baseball bat, and it would just make
your hands and arms numb.

Then one night the temperature got down to someteen-below-zero, and
somebody came along and teed off on it, and it shattered like cheap
glass.