Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Default Cavity closure info and problem

nafuk wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

My problem is that I have a cavity wall (brick outer, aerated block
innner) with no blocks turned into the cavity and so can only stick the
p/b to the inner leaf. How can I offer more support?

Thank you

More support to what?

The two leafs should have ties every block course at the reveal so they
support each other, and if you have not returned the blocks, then you
will have to use a propriatary cavity closer.

Plasterboard is just dabed or fixed to battens on the blockwork and can
be fixed to eht end of the blocks in the reveal up to the frame

dg