Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default "water test" for residential heat exchangers - thoughts?

Al Moran writes:

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:05:25 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm not going to waste a lot of time on this "new" technique.

It's a valid technique you knob.

On what basis do you say this Al? One of the reasons for my original
post is to find out whether a study actually been done correlating
this technique's results to actual combustion chamber - duct gas
flow, or is it all based on the assumption that if a water solution
can get in then surely gases will go the other way.

I'm guessing no one would fund such a study aside from a consumer
advocacy group. The manufacturers certainly wouldn't want to
undermine such a wonderful test where the customer can be shown water
on their heat exchanger, and be made to think they're going to kill
their family if they don't replace it.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/