Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon Robert Gammon is offline

Default Oxygen In Radiant Floor Heating

zero wrote:
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:57:43 +0100, BOB1901
wrote:

dpb Wrote:

Other sites
have said the problem is no oxygen barrier in the tubing.I was told I
didn't need one since I was using a gas hot water heater.

I've thought long and hard about this and have come up with NO IDEA
how someone dreamed up one is a factor of the other.

Can't change
the tubing so trying to find way of lowering the oxygen content.The
only other idea was a plactic lined expansion tank.The problem is will
the oxygen attack the copper tubing or the water heat if not that.
Thanks for any help.

You'll need to find a reputable chemical-man/water treatment company
(good luck on that. Ask some of the local manufacturing companies who
they use for their boilers and cooling towers) and have your boiler
water treated properly. Not a big deal.

-zero

In a closed system, and this one should be, distilled water has no
excess oxygen almost by definition.

So long as the boiler does not heat the water to more than about 150F,
no steam bubbles either