Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Remodelling & lead-based paint

HeyBub wrote:
Pat wrote:

Is it possible that those who fixate on the hazards of lead-based
paint had an excessive, intimate, and extensive relationship with it
as a child?

No, we are people who are concerned for children and who believe that
it is better to prevent injury to them than to try fix the unfixable,
later.

Your point is well-taken, but don't you want your children to have all the
opportunities you had?

We have concrete/asbestos siding on the outside and 60s panelling on
the inside. Not a lot of lead.

I remember reading an email a year or two ago that questioned how any
of use lived through the 50s, 60s & 70s. I don't remember much of it
-- other than it was very funny and very true -- but it said something
like:

We had lead paint
We had leaded gas
We had whole milk
People thought sugar on cereal was a good thing
There were no "light" cigarettes
Kids went out and played without cell phones and no one ever knew
where you were until you came home at dinner time.
Moms didn't obsess over soccer
We played football without helmet and pads
We we got into a fight, someone one, someone lost, and then everyone
made up or went home.
We had wooden cribs with wide slats.
Toys had small parts
Babysitters weren't licensed.