Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Freezer acting weird!

wrote in message
ps.com...
We were given an old Kenmore upright freezer. Maybe 10-12 yrs old.
Freezes fine, but the door is sticking. The magnetic seals are intact
and in good shape - by sticking, I mean the door locks tight. When we
shut the door, a suction is created and its so strong its impossible to
open the door again. After 7-8 minutes or so we can open it again. When
we shut the door we can actually see the top of the freezer 'cave in' a
little as this suction happens. I know this isn't normal, so what can
we do?

Check the bottom of the freezer for a plastic drain with a piston in it.
Make sure that something sticky hasn't stuck it.