Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Reuse notebook monitor with desktop

"feudalac!" wrote:

JW wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:38:25 +0200 "feudalac!" wrote
in Message id: :

I have a notebook monitor (the rest of the notebook doesn't work) and
would like to connect it to a regular desktop pc...
Does anyone know the pinout of the Dell's Inspirion laptop's monitor? So
i can soldre standard VGA connector on it?

In short, not possible with out a major amount of work and $

What's the model #, and what's wrong with it? Maybe you can fix instead?

I'm not sure what is the model (part of the case is damaged) Inspiron-
about 2-3 years old... The MBO is faulty... repair is about 550$

Not if you find the same model for parts on Ebay. Buy one with a
broken display and do a transplant.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell