Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default MAILBOX PLATFORM

Wed, Sep 13, 2006, 8:56pm (EDT-3) (Steve*B)
doth wisely sayeth:
snip Then I lined a new shiny one with 3/8" plate, snip
Man, that's gotta hurt.

Heh heh. You've GOT to check the archives for the "mailbox"
thread. You're the type of guy that'd enjoy that.

By the way, before someone check the archives then starts whining
about "you can't do a mailbox like that", or "but that'd hurt some poor
innocent kid", I checked with the post office - all they require is it
be at the proper height, at the proper distance from the roat, and an
approved style box. Basically, if it's made out of structural steel,
and is the right height, and distance from the road, and looks right,
it's good. Then if some destructive idiot bonks it with a baseball bat
and the bat bounces back and gets him between the eyes, it's the kid's
own fault. I know damn well if I'd ever tried something like that, and
hurt myself, that MY parents wouldn't be out blaming the homewoener,
they'd be telling me it served me right.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.