Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default curved wall on kitchen island - can I use bead board?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am constructing a kitchen island that is the following shape:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92434605VdWBtr
I would like to use bead board on the curved sides (other than the
cabinets which line the straight side.) Can this be done? My designer
says that bead board cannot be put over a curved wall. We are using
wood skins to match the color of the cabinets (peppercorn). The walls
other than the cabinets on the flat side will be custom built. Can
bead board be stained to match the color of my cabinets (exactly)?

Real bead board can make a pretty tight radius as it's individual slats,
using ship lap joints or tongue and grove connections. The sheet bead board
can bend - a little. You can increase it ability to bend by relief cuts on
the back (1/2" apart), but that's a lot of cutting. The real cheap bead
board made from thin MDF is more flexible.

I would suspect you could match the color using real bead board but the
sheet bead board are generally primed and ready to paint.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com