Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default What's good for removing silicone sealant...

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

I'm trying to remove a shower screen from a tiled wall. It looks like
the original owner applied a nice thick bead of silicone sealant to the
wall and then butted the extrusion which forms the frame of the shower
screen up to it, then screwed the frame to the wall.

Anyone got any other bright ideas, or shall i just burn the house down
& start from scratch..:-///

I seem to recall that the approach for this is to try to cut the
sealant with wire, pretty much like using a cheesewire (memories of my
dad's grocer's shop).

Never had to do this myself but if I had to I think that I would try the
draper bonded windscreen removal tool

Tony