Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Repairing a tin roof

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message
oups.com...

Big Al wrote:

How big are you Al? I walk my 250+ lbs around on a similar roof, the
biggest problem I have is causing dents. I walk around with a broom
stick & bang them out after I get down. As to fasteners, I use hex
head, rubber washer screws intended for screwing into wood (Lowe's or
Home Depot) & run them with a cordless drill with a hex tip. The
hardest part is getting the nails completely out.

200 pounds. I find it hard to believe the roof can hold you up if it's built
like mine. How long are the screws and what are they called? Bought some
#10, 1.5 inch long Phillips head sheet metal screws toady and some fender
washers. This roof will never hold water but I'd like to stop water from
rotting out the wood.

Al