Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default How do they regulate mains water pressure?

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:10:36 +0100, Mike Barnes
wrote:

|Isn't the height difference between the ends of the road(s) the
|important thing here?

Bradford used to be a collection of villages, connected by lanes. in this
case Bradford, Shearbridge, Great Horton, Horton Bank Bottom, Horton
Bank, Horton Bank Top, Clayton Hieghts, Old Dolphin, Calden Banks, Scarlet
Hieghts, I may have missed, or added one or two. The names of the roads
between the villages originated in those times, and are very resistant to
change, because no one is happy with a change of address.

As it happens last night I drove from Horton Bank Top to Shearbridge and
the I use whole of the Bradford -- Queensbury route regularly.

The modern road looks to anyone driving or walking on it, as one continuous
road.