Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Floppy Drive from one Laptop into Another Laptop

Agreed the floppies are probably the same but the actual priority device
that reads and writes to them are different depending on manufacturer,
sometimes model numbers, etc. That is, a floppy drive unit from a SONY will
not work in a DELL, nor a Old HP in a new Compaq.
"Puckdropper" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Don Bowey wrote in
:

In my opinion all 1.44 MB floppies are the same. I don't even look at
their part numbers when I change one out.

Don

Be careful if you work on PS/2s. Very little was standardized in those
not even the floppy drives!

Puckdropper