Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default 1 11/16"

Over half of our machine tools (at my place of work) are Japanese. All our
machines are graduated in imperial measure. The only advantage (besides
being like everyone else) of the metric system is that it is easier to
learn. I don't know what you are trying to say with the money reference.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Fast forward to 1990. I go to work for a company that has machines and
tools made in Austria. Gauges read in bars, not pounds. All hardware is

in
MM.

Now, ask me the same question. Yes, we should change today. Metric, like
our money system, is just plain easier, can be more accurate and faster to
work with.