Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kelly.jj@gmail.com is offline

Default Liquid Nails on a tile mosaic?

Hello,

She uses the cheap grade of Liquid Nails and buys it by the case from
Home Depot.

John
trbo20 wrote:
wrote:
My wife has been doing tile mosiacs for the past 4 years and has tiled
anything that didn't move. Her pieces include picture frames, creamic
planters, oranmental fountains, patio table tops ( plastic and wood),
cement stepping stones, 300 lb. cement cylinders used as public trash
cans, wall plaques as well as designs on cementacious backerboard.
After trying lots of adhesives including thinset and epoxy, her
overwhelming favorite is Liquid Nails. She finishes her work with
colored grout applied in the traditional way. On the cement cylinders
which were too heavy to turn horizontal, she had to work her way up
from the bottom one row at a time shimming each piece against the one
below it to mantain the gap until the Liquid Nails set.

This has sood the test of time and weather.

Good luck.

That's EXACTLY what I was hoping someone would say. Thanks so much,
John.
One quick question, which type does she prefer? I'd think general
construction grade, but I don't know if one exists for masionary
applications.