Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Floppy Drive from one Laptop into Another Laptop

On 9/13/06 11:26 AM, in article ,
"Brad" wrote:

Hi,

The floppy drive, part # 261848-001, in my 1997 (abt.) Compaq Presario
1060 laptop is bad and there is no replacement available. Note: I service
TVs, etc., rarely computers. I have a floppy drive from another model Compaq
laptop, not the same part number, but it could fit in the space occupied by
the original. What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

In my opinion all 1.44 MB floppies are the same. I don't even look at their
part numbers when I change one out.

Don