Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Taylor Tim Taylor is offline

Default Strength of an Screw Eyebolt???

"buck" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Hey John................. Thanks for the great info. Appreciate the time
that you spent. I think you nailed it perfectly. I have come to the
conclusion from what was said in most of the replies is that there is
"considerable doubt" as to whether this is safe or not. I will error on
the safe side and pass on this idea.
As a final note................ Thanks to All for your super replies,
concern and time spent. I will now start on my new Rube Goldberg idea....
:~)

-buck

Why not cut a hole in the ceiling just enough to get Johns strongback idea
up on top of the truss chords (ceiling joist). Patch and paint it back to
the way it was. The way I'm reading it, you was just going to put your 2 by
6 across 3 joists on the outside-underside of the sheetrock ceiling?