Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default TV Sledgehammers

bill allemann wrote:
I've done lots of drywall removal and never used a sledge.
Typically, poke a fist sized hole with piece of wood, whatever, and just
grab the edge of the drywall and pull.
With a little working back and forth, you can get fasteners to burrow on
through and fairly large pieces of drywall
will come off. Not unusual to get half a sheet or so to come off in one
piece.

Bill

Same here. Worst room I ever done was the kitchen (10x14) in the old
house I bought. Someone apparently thought they were saving money.
The room was rocked in salvaged chunks of sheetrock on shiplap boards.
I don't think there was one piece bigger than 12 x 18". He spent more
on nails and mud than he would have on new rock. It took hours just
pulling and driving the nails down flush after yanking the stuff.

Harry K