Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Touching up scratches in poly finish wood floor?

On 13 Sep 2006 05:11:08 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

Subject pretty much says it all - as careful as am, I've seen a few
light scratches in the polyurethane finish on my oak floors, like under
the chairs in the dining room. Does anyone have a way of minimizing
things like this? I went with a natural finish (no stain) so hopefully
that helps.

Swipe some lemon oil (nice name for mineral oil) over them. David
suggested felt glides, and that's a good idea, too. If the floor is
swept very frequently, nylon glides also work well.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming