Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey Douglas de Lacey is offline

Default Very worrying burning smell from vacuum cleaner (Miele)

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:

So I bought a great vacuum cleaner from selfridges .. has been working
fine

..until today

Starting smelling a very worrying burning smell (like plastic on fire)

Overheating motor. Bag full/filters clogged. Remove all and run..if it
revs a LOT higher than when put back together you have a problem.

Might be as simple as a stuck brush bar if it's an upright. in which
case it's melting belt. Can we have some more details, OP?

Douglas de Lacey