Posted to rec.woodworking
buck buck is offline

Default Strength of an Screw Eyebolt???

When I say truss..... I mean that in my garage there are 2x4s that are part
of the truss framework that go horizontal across the entire length of the
garage and they are on 24" centers. My ceiling drywall is nailed to them.
There is no second story over the garage..... just the roof. I can't get to
anything other than the side of the 2x4s since they have been wallboarded
over...... So I can't loop wires over the top or drill holes in the side of
these 2x4, etc. I can either screw into the width of the 2x4 (1.5 inches)
or don't do anything. So far, from what I am hearing, is.... Don't do it
may be the answer, although I don't know why the ceiling truss 2x4s will
hold up a ton of wallboard but not an extra 200 pounds..... puzzled!