Posted to uk.d-i-y
legin legin is offline

Default To insulate or not to insulate, under tiles that is the question!

Fash wrote:
Good explanations from the Natural Philosopher. There won't be too much
furniture to soak up heat since it's a playroom so that won't be too
much of an issue. There is of course the issue of cashflow to consider,
which comes down to the fact that I haven't got the money for it
anyway!

Fash

The only comments that I could add is that the earth should be somewhat
warmer at 2m depth anyway. I now that some caves are a constant temp
all year round due to there depth and mass. Certainely in the past we
were workig on some old cottages in the winter. We could not find a
room anywhere that we could heat a little for breaks. We uncovered an
old cellar and cleared it out. That would warm up quicker than any room
in the house but the moisture from the kettle wouldn't go anywhere!

Regards
Legin