Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
AS AS is offline

Default soldering technique

I find that using a stereo microscope makes the process a breeze. I use
the needle point tip in a 15W Antex soldering Iron. The solder
diameter I use is 0.015" and follow the technique explained in other
postings. To hold the chip while soldering, I use double sided tape but
any of the other methods explained should work well.

wrote:

Hi,

Quick newbie soldering question. I need to solder some wires to pins
on an SOIC package. I've never soldered something with this small of
pin spacing. Is there a trick for first tacking down the wire to the
pin before you solder so that it stays in place? Thanks for any tips

Kev