Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nubly Nubly is offline

Default TV - Non Constant White Screen. Sound Works as does PIP.

Ok so heres the deal

Early 90's Proscan TV.

About a week ago my TV started to display a solid white background with
no retrace lines. The sound works fine along with all menus and tv
features. Ex: I can change the channels and the channel number will pop
up in the upper right hand corner in full color or the menu system will
display in the spectrum of colors as intended. Sometimes the tv will
lose the white screen and display the correct image, however this is
rare. PIP works well and it displays 2 seperate images as they are
meant to be displayed, however when PIP comes on the background turns
from white to a medium gray. Im not really sure where to go with this
one. Could it be the ABL?

TV White Screen(Mostly Constant). With Sound. PIP Works (2 Seperate
images).