Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Strength of an Screw Eyebolt???

Tue, Sep 12, 2006, 6:14pm (EDT-2) (buck) doth query:
snip "Would these two screw eyebolts hold up to 400 pounds (share 200
pounds each)? snip

No prob. Try it, and if it dumps you on your ass you'll know you
screwed up.

Me, I wouldn't do it that way, but that's only because I wouldn't
trust them to not pull out rom that much weight. That's just me tho.

I'm going on the theory that you're talking about screw-in
eyebolts, because that seems to me to be so. Me, I'd use longer ones,
that take a nut on the end, and I'd use a large washer under the nut.
I'm a candy-ass and I'd reinforce the 2X4s too.

Whatcha making anyway? Sumthin' kinky?

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.