Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default Turning Workmate into workbench

Scott,

I made something like this as well to put on my B&D Workmate but I have
to confess, yours is leaps and bounds better than mine! I used a 4'x4'
piece of old 3/4" plywood and slapped a 2x4 underneath to lock into the
table after I took the middle piece out. It works OK but it is heavy
and unruly. I would think your solution is way better.

Don't let other people's comments hackle you too much. I also do not
have the time nor the space for a nice, big bench. I do have a bench
in the back of the garage but it is dark and dingy back there and there
are times when I would like to have the bench right in front of the
garage doors.

I agree with the statements that this bench is not going to perform
well with things like hand planes but I would not use it for such work.
I can think of oodles of time this would be simply perfect.

In fact, I am going to build me one of these and scrap my old monster.
It has done me well for 15 years--I just wish I would have thought
about actually having it be a workbench and not simply a work table.

Great idea! I hope you post some more ingenious things like this in
the future!

ray