Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stainless steel surface boxes?

In article ,
Piers Finlayson wrote:
I've put in a load of matt stainless steel sockets in my house - I think
they are these ones http://tinyurl.com/g2nzc.

Problem is, some of my sockets are mounted in white plastic surface
boxes because some of the walls are wooden.

I want to replace these with satin stainless steel boxes. Does anyone
know where I might be able to find these? I've drawn a blank.

Surface mount boxes that take 'flush' sockets are only available in
plastic, IIRC. Proper surface mount sockets - they have slightly smaller
outside dimensions with rounded corners and a lip that fits over the box -
have steel boxes, but only painted in an approximate match to the socket
if polished metal. And not all ranges do matching flush and surface
sockets. As regards a stainless steel box - never seen them. Hostile
environments where they'd be a good idea wouldn't be suitable for ordinary
sockets anyway.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.