Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes washer stopped

"Pat" wrote in message
Could be any number of things but the switch is a good starting point
and fairly cheap. It's also a great project to do yourself because
it's only 2 screws.

Go to the appliance store and get a new switch and have them show you
how to open the lid on the washer.

If so, you'll say, "wow, that was easy". Then you'll say, "wow, I just
saved $75 for a service call".

Switch $9.99
Phillips screwdriver $2.99
Flat screwdriver $1.99
Doing it yourself and having a smile you can't wipe off: Priceless.

Agree with Pat. With a tester, you can check the switch out. It may be
possible to bypass it with a jumper also to check it out. I don't know your
skills and if you can safely work the an live circuit.

If none of that works, go to www.applianceaid.com or www.repairclinic.com
for some help.