Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Installing radiant heat floor in shop

A Womack wrote:
The new shop (pole building) is nearly shelled and the builders will be
packing up their tools this week. Now I get to be busy with preping the
floor installation.

I want to install radiant heat, but getting good information has been
difficult about the floor preperation.

Any wreckers done this recently?

I'm looking at $268 for 1000' of pex 1/2"

2" Extruded poly styryene foam for ground cover (what should this cost)

I was told to use 25psi, anyone know what the stuff at Homedepot is?

2" of gravel UNDER the foam

4" of concrete poured over the pex and the wire mesh which holds down
the pex.

Alan

This site states they work directly with DIYers

http://www.radiantcompany.com/

No experience with them, I just saved the link when I was looking for
something a while back.