Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.renewable
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) is offline

Default Switching alternative energy devices

I was contemplating a project for a long time in the future, and
stumbled upon an idea...

Our boiler MAN (ecohometec) can use pre-heated water to reduce/eliminate
required heat boiler input into DHW. Logical use of this is a Solar
heated water bank thing before the boiler. That's the easy bit.
Next idea was on Wind power. Our home is in an ideal location to catch
the SWesterly winds blowing up the Bristol channel see S.W. picture
he http://www.gymratz.co.uk/pete/sunset1.jpg

So, assuming I could get planning to erect a 2.5KW turbine, the ideal
scenario would be have the turbine feeding an immersion heater in the
heat bank (something like the following:
http://www.eco-hometec.co.uk/solar_cylinders2.html
So Solar by summer and wind by winter, but with the magical bit
happening when heatbank/store is satisfied....

Electricity being switched by tank thermostat and divered into ring main
as per usual method.

Can anyone see a possible flaw in my plan?
Currently we wouldn't be go the solar route as we only have East/West
sloping roof but that can be sorted with a future flat roof replacement
over the garage.

As it is, it's a "hmmmmm....." plan with much smaller things to be
sorted first, I thought I needed to get some thought on the idea before
I waste more time on theoretical pipe runs and Mast locations etc.
:¬)

Cheers
Pete
http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.