Sunworshiper

Default What is the proper tool/method

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:18:09 -0800, Roger Hull
wrote:

of dressing the green silica(?) grinding wheels used for Carbide lathe tools?

Many thanks.

Roger in Vegas
Pets have owners. Cats have staff.

I'll give it a try. They have a diamond point dresser that are cheap
, maybe $14. You'll need some kind of cross slide to hold it. IIRC
they should be set up into the wheel and take light passes until you
get a steady cut. I can't remember if it strobes or you listen or
both. I'm sure it could be done by hand if your really careful.
Maybe drill a hole in the end of a steel bar for it to go into and a
set screw and a sturdy straight edge in front and or side of the
wheel. Best to make something up so you don't have to worry about it
grabbing. I need to get around to doing this myself also.