Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Hot Water Heater Pilot

On a serious note.
REPLACE THE THERMCOUPLE....
Problem solved.....

Mark

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:43:01 -0400, "Ray DeVoe"
wrote:

I am hoping to get some information about a problem I am having with my hot
water heater.

About a week ago we got some water in the basement, and ever since then, the
pilot on my hot water heater goes out every few days.

I have no problems re-lighting it, and it heats the water to the proper
temperature. I didn't know if water can damage the pilot to where it would
need to be replaced, or maybe it's just dirty and needs to be replaced.....

Ray